Gain the confidence and skills to produce high class minutes
Taking the minutes of a meeting is a skill in its own right. Even those with a good grounding of basic English often find that when it comes to taking minutes, their skills levels can be improved. It is important to feel comfortable and confident when taking minutes. This requires having an understanding of the process together with well-developed skills.
To provide delegates with an understanding of the essential ingredients of effective minutes of a meeting and to give them an opportunity to practice the appropriate skills in a learning environment.
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to build the confidence and skills to produce effective and professional minutes.
What you will gain
Understand the secretary’s key role at all stages of the meeting process. Develop a personal approach to effective note taking. Understand how to make minutes clear and lucid. Develop strategies for dealing with ‘difficult’ meetings. Build your own skills through a series of practical exercises with tutor and colleagues assessment and feedback.
By the end of the course you will: -
- Understand the purposes to which minutes are put.
- Appreciate the various roles that the minute taker can perform on behalf of a meeting.
- Understand the effective approach to note taking.
- Understand the essential ingredients of effective writing.
- Have practised the skills of note taking and of converting your notes into minutes.
- Have increased your confidence in your ability to take effective minutes through practice & feedback.
£295 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Effective Communication Skills
Effective Writing Skills
Microsoft Word Introduction
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
The tutor was brilliant! The course was made even more interesting through his vast knowledge of the subject. DL (DCLG)
Very friendly staff at Alpha - thank you. LJ (Department for Transport)
Very helpful and extremely useful. RS (Cabinet Office)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87