Prepare and practice your skills at interviewing job candidates
For people who are required to serve on recruitment panels, either as a member or chairperson. This course is mandatory for members of staff required to sit on interview boards.
The training consists of two parts. Part one assumes you have worked through the distance learning materials that we will provide ahead of the training. Part two consists of a one day course where you conduct a series of skills practice interviews with qualified actors, with individual feedback given.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is undertaking an interview as part of a panel and who has not already attended the Recruitment and Selection course within the past 18 months.
To examine and develop the skills and techniques needed to conduct an effective selection interview which aims to choose the best person for the job.
What you will gain
Learn how to conduct a structured and objective interview, which complies with legal procedures and equal opportunities legislation.
By the end of the course you will be able to: -
- Manage the mechanics associated with objective interviewing when in the role of the chair, line manager or independent member.
- Appoint a new member of staff into your team, within the context of organisational procedures.
- Help ensure that the best quality selection procedures and techniques are employed and that the processes are fair and transparent.
- Structure an interview to obtain sufficient information on candidates to determine their suitability.
- Demonstrate good questioning technique and listening skills, particularly during in-depth probing.
- Assess candidates and prepare a formal report after all interviews have been concluded.
Pre-course work required
All delegates are required to work through the distance learning materials that will be provided to you ahead of the course date.
£450 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Assertiveness and Handling Conflict
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
Very professionally conducted course. The explanations and exercises were very helpful. JG (DCLG)
Brilliant facilitator/patient and very helpful to stimulate and make us understand. These courses are very good indeed. EM (Cabinet Office)
This left me wanting to learn even more techniques and I can’t wait to put it into practice! IB (Department for Transport)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87