Successful project management to meet objectives and budgets
This course is for managers, team leaders, specialists and project managers who need to manage projects as part of their wider responsibilities. The aim of the course is to provide you with the fundamental skills of project management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to technical specification whilst using the most common ‘tools of the trade’.
During this hands-on course, you will establish a firm and systematic understanding of the processes of projects, and how they link together and function as a whole and develop the interpersonal skills needed to ensure successful progress and completion of projects at work.
Who should attend this course?
This course is suitable for anyone who is new to the role of project manager or anyone who needs to implement project management procedures into their work.
What you will gain
Establish a firm and systematic understanding of the processes of projects, and how they link together and function as a whole. Develop the interpersonal skills needed to ensure successful progress and completion of projects at work.
This course includes the top selling publication ‘Business Benefits Through Project and Programme Management’ absolutely free!
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Establish the components of the project life cycle.
- Define terms of reference and ‘SMART’ project objectives.
- Prepare a work breakdown structure and estimate time required for tasks and activities.
- Carry out sequencing activities including precedent networks, dependencies and the critical path.
- Use planning tools in preparing a project plan.
- Monitor and control costs for projects in progress.
- Apply the leadership and interpersonal skills required to effectively manage a project team.
- Practise project management skills through a variety of exercises.
Pre-course work required
A brief questionnaire prior to attending.
£575 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Introduction to Microsoft Project
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioners
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
Very enjoyable. I learned a lot. The tutor was very easy to listen to with good anecdotes. JH (TRANSEC)
Very well presented and kept interesting. SM (Department for Transport)
This course was extremely helpful for me managing a current project. SG (DCLG)
Lots of good advice given with a good mix of examples. IM (Cabinet Office)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87