Conduct and lead effective and productive meetings
This is a one day workshop for all staff that are responsible for the preparation, conduct and management of meetings. Including practice and video recording.
Meetings are the opportunity to think, plan and take decisions, however, too often they are perceived as unproductive and a waste of valuable time. Whether, ad-hoc, formal or problem solving meetings for executive, team or public attendance, the need for effective chairing skills is paramount.
Productive meetings require clear guidelines and an understanding of dynamics and behaviours. This workshop examines all of these areas, resulting in high savings in the hidden costs of poorly managed meetings.
The issues are threefold:
- In the organisation of the meeting itself. This includes planning the agenda, clarifying objectives, time allocation and in preparation.
- The people skills, how to get participants to contribute and not dominate, how to draw out the quieter person, how to keep on track, how to deal with poor behaviour and bring people to a decision or action.
- Follow up and monitoring of minutes and actions.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone who is required to conduct, chair or lead any kind of meeting and wishes to lead them effectively and productively to achieve the aims and objectives of those meetings.
By the end of the course you will be able to: -
- Plan meetings and contributions well
- Use agendas and minutes effectively
- Identify and pursue clear objectives
- Improve time management at meetings
- Get the best out of members of a meeting
- Identify and exercise different skills to achieve objectives
- Feel enhanced confidence in your meeting leading skills.
Pre-course work required
All delegates will be require to complete a questionnaire prior to attending.
£295 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Assertiveness and Handling Conflict
Taking Effective Minutes
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
A thoroughly enjoyable course that has left me wanting to put it all into practice as soon as possible. PW (DCLG)
Very good course, great service and very friendly - thanks. JR (Cabinet Office)
Thank you for an informative and enjoyable experience. VS (DCLG)
The tutor was very friendly and helpful. I was amazed at how personal the course felt even though there were quite a few delegates. AP (Houses of Parliament)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87