Enhance your management skills
The first step into management can be quite daunting. There are so many factors to take into consideration that it is helpful to look at the enormous subject of management in a structured and organised way. Many managers have heavy workloads, and are also responsible for the management and development of several others. To successfully master all these roles is quite an achievement, and one that requires a wide variety of job skills. This interactive and comprehensive two day course will provide you with the tools to and techniques to become a successful manager.
To provide new managers with a clear understanding of the knowledge, skills and personal style required to get the best performance from themselves and their staff.
Who should attend this course?
Those new to management or who are looking for or about to take on a management role.
What you will gain
Develop a sense of what you need to do to achieve managerial competence. Look at various aspects for good management practice and take from them whatever is appropriate to your needs and your own development. Receive advice and feedback from an experienced trainer, and learn from others in group exercises and discussions.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the roles, responsibilities and characteristics of an effective manager.
- Understand how effective teams operate and the leadership role of a manager.
- Identify your preferred style for developing at work.
- Analyse your use of time and methods of effectiveness.
- Successfully manage the process of delegation.
- Increase your creative problem solving abilities.
- Recognise the conditions required to motivate staff.
- Describe the main areas of equal opportunities legislation and understand the manager's role in implementing equality and diversity policy.
Pre-course work required
All delegates will be require to complete a management styles questionnaire prior to attending.
£575 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Assertiveness and Handling Conflict
Leadership and Team Management
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
Really enjoyable and relevant. Great mix of practical exercises - all at the right pace, and right amount of content. Identified sources of information if certain subjects were of particular interest. I would emphatically recommend this course. JB (DCLG)
A very complete and concise course. Very helpful course!. RW (Department for Transport)
As an introduction to management the course was excellent. AW (Northwest Development Agency)
Enjoyable and informative course. I can implement this into a management structure. MM (Cabinet Office)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87