Giving you a comprehensive insight into the workings of government
This one day course is designed to give delegates an appreciation of how government is designed to operate, including parliamentary processes. The day begins with a visit to the Palace of Westminster for a guided tour.
To provide delegates with a broad understanding of the history, elements and processes of British government. The course will help delegates to understand how their own role links into the processes and how these may change within the ‘Modernising Government’ agenda.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is new to the civil service or central government or those who would benefit from understanding more about the workings of government.
What you will gain
An understanding of how the system is designed to operate and from where authority derives. Learn about the different parliamentary processes and how the Department’s policies are turned into legislation. Take a visit to the Houses of Parliament and hear the views of Members of Parliament on working in Westminster.
By the end of the course you will: -
- Understand the elements of Britain’s ‘unwritten’ constitution.
- Appreciate how the business of government is carried out.
- Understand the institutional framework and the relationship between the elements.
- Appreciate the process by which policy is made.
- Understand the responsibilities of being a civil servant including the Civil Service Code.
- Appreciate the elements of government policy and how this impacts on you.
- Have had the tour of the Palace of Westminster.
£450 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Drafting Ministerial Correspondence
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
Excellent course. Would recommend to anyone who works in the civil service. MM (Daprtment for Work and Pensions)
A really useful course. Highly recommended. CC (DCLG)
Thoroughly enjoyable and most informative. I would most definitely recommend this course. SB (Defra)
Thank you. I have worked 16 years as a civil servant. This has given me a wide knowledge about how government works. The course clarified and confirmed this knowledge as well as imparting new areas of information. BD (Department for Transport)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87