Learn the major techniques for effective appraisals
This one day event provides line managers with practical information regarding their responsibilities under the performance appraisal system; the preparation required and hands on appraisal and development of staff.
What you will gain
An understanding of the issues surrounding the performance appraisal process and the reasons for having a performance management process. You will also gain an understanding of how you can use the appraisal to develop your staff as well as learning how to handle difficult situations.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone who has to carry out staff appraisals and who is looking to enhance their skills in this area.
By the end of this course you will be able to: -
- State the stages and key factors of an appraisal process.
- State the role of the individual and the line manager in the appraisal process.
- Identify and write SMART objectives.
- Use your core competency framework to identify key competencies for an individual post.
- Identify and document your own development.
- State best practice for giving and receiving feedback.
- State sources of further information and feedback.
Delegates are required to complete a pre-course questionnaire prior to the course
£295 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Assertiveness and Handling Conflict
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
Very glad I did this course. I feel so much more prepared for upcoming appraisals. HM (DCLG)
An excellent course which met my needs entirely!. JS (Department for Transport)
Very fluent and tailored presentation. PS (Highways Agency)
Very clear, concise and perfect presentation. Thank you! FC (Department of Health)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87