Develop the skills to achieve your rise into management
This is a two day course for administrative and lower management staff who have been in the role for more than a year and would like to progress in their career. It will assist you in the identification of what the expectations are of administrative roles ready for management roles. It will enable you to examine the differences in responsibilities of lower grades and identify your own development areas in preparation for Management.
To provide an opportunity for delegates to develop some of the competencies required in their current, and next grade. To provide an arena for delegates to assess their career to date, identify and practice skills they need to develop, consider their future development and career plans.
Who Should Attend?
Administrative staff or first time managers who wish to evaluate their skills and prepare for management
What you will gain
Delegates will be able to identify their specific learning goals, and what your organisation expects of administrative grades and staff of the next grade up. Understand differences in responsibilities between administrative and management roles. Learn about the importance of giving and receiving feedback.
By the end of the course you will be able to:-
- Identify your specific learning goals.
- Know what your organisation expects of administrative grades and staff of the next grade up.
- Understand differences in responsibilities between administrative and management roles.
- Appreciate the importance of giving and receiving feedback.
- Recognise the characteristics of effective teams & the contributions required from team members.
- Understand the importance of, and how to achieve, effective communication
- Understand the processes & techniques for effective problem solving & decision making
- Implement a system for managing your workload
- Appreciate a manager’s responsibilities for controlling stress
£575 + VAT
|Other courses you may like:|
Introduction to Management
|Book this course for in-house delivery|
| Request Now |
|What others said about this course |
I really enjoyed this and can’t wait to put it all into practice. PY (DCLG)
A really relevant and inspiring course. My confident has been boosted to the next level - great!. AC (Defra)
I would strongly recommend this course to colleagues - it was very useful. PA (Department for Transport)
One of the most enjoyable and informative courses I have ever attended. HS (DCLG)
The trainer was brilliant and made the course very interesting and stimulating. CI (Surrey County Council)
|Course Finder |
|Call us now for further information|
0844 33 505 87